Sunday 7 September 2014

Links! Links! Links!

It turns out #road trips are...


So I'm here in the summer house (again! yeah) but I only came last night so it probably doesn't count yet. I didn't do much this week. Nothing really worthwhile anyway. Except going out on to a tavern with İpek (and a couple of her friends) and drank rakı which is always nice. Well other than that I created this blog where I share my stories.  There's only some prompts right now (MYTHS) but I hope there'll be more. So I decided to list things that I found this week (and thought that are interesting). Here have some sunday reads. Also you can listen to this little mix while you're reading.
  • Since we're talking about music, Interpol's new album El Pintor is about to be released next week but I've been listening to it for the last 10 days non-stop like the true fangirl that I am. Thanks for online streaming. If you know me I probably harrassed you in some way or another over the last decade about Interpol and how I love them. So I'm really happy that I can read tons of articles about them.
  • I LOVE walking. I love how it clears my head and boosts my creativity. And here's an article on why walking helps us think. 
  • This is magnificient and beautiful.
  • Shieldmaidens are not a myth! Well, we knew it wasn't a myth but now scientist came around on that one. If you like history, vikings and woman warriors, a lovely article for you. 
  • While we're on the powerful, vicious woman figures in history, here are 10 female gangsters you should know about.
  • And I've been loving this non-sexist tabloid headlines since it's out. 
  • It's been quite a while since I started a school year like a student but I'm still all for stationery shopping. And I think these pencils are really good, especially if you're having a breakdown at the office.
  • Another perfect shop (on kitchen utensils) where I want to buy everything but can't afford it at the moment. I mean what will I do with 9-inch professional kitchen sears anyway. I don't have a place to put it. It's good that most of them are sold out at the moment though.
  • Excuse me madame/sir, can I interest you in a new coffee grinder? For a long time I've been saying that a good grinder is probably more important than an expensive espresso machine and The Coffee Compass tells you why. And they give you options for your price range, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment